Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Perfect Storm


This weekend can only be described one way, the perfect storm. It was a perfect mix of fun and work.

Saturday we were able to run a bunch of errands for baby. We got her crib set up, cleaned house, and found homes for her growing pile of things.

Then Kevin was able to go let off some steam watching the UFC fights while I stayed home, did some homework (comparative physiology eat my dust!) then unwound with the Disney movie Ratatouille some crepes and more bow making.

Sunday, we spent at church then off for a game of tennis with some friends. I may be pregnant and little less agile but that doesn't mean I can't play! Then back home for a quick nap and then some volleyball and we rounded off the evening with cookies and games at our house.

Monday was a trip to the zoo and picnic with friends. I have to say the penguins are my favorite, they're hilarious. One penguin was standing on the edge of the rock face outside of the water while another waited behind him and apparently he took too long to jump him because the one behind him belly bumped him right into the water then jumped in himself....silly penguins!

The weather was amazing so Tekoa's twice daily walks were pleasant instead of a chore. It amazes me how refreshing a weekend at home can be. I'm ready to get back to work.....starting with class 'til 10pm tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment