Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Nesting



nesting [ˈnɛstɪŋ]
n
(Psychology) the tendency to arrange one's immediate surroundings, such as a work station, to create a place where one feels secure, comfortable, or in control
Nesting; I have it bad. The last post I made I already whined about how out of control busy my life is to add to that, over the last couple weeks I’ve found myself feeling this undying desire to get EVERYTHING in my house situated for the baby. The house is clean (I like to keep things pretty clean and so does my lovey) but it feels filthy to me. I’m noticing things like dusty floor boards and a semi-unorganized drawer, door knobs that, come to think of it never have been sanitized…..ridiculous nitpicky little things are driving me bonkers!! If I had even one free moment I’m sure I would be at my house with a toothbrush.
The good thing about this nesting thing is how much excitement it has brought me over the impending birth of our baby into the world. I keep taking out the different baby items we have accumulated so I can look at them. Before a couple weeks ago I thought, “what adorable little baby things these are! “ Now when I look at them I can almost see my squirmy little baby kicking around in the adorable little onsies, and tiny footie jammies or see her snuggled up like a little baby burrito in the blankies. I keep messing with her crib, folding and unfolding clothing, situating toys around the crib etc. I’m REALLY excited.
We still have a couple short months left and I can wait until she’s ready to come into the world as a chubby healthy little baby. Until then, I guess I will just have to drive my husband crazy with my obsessive compulsive cleaning and folding and preparing for a few more months….lucky him!


not the most flattering picture of me but this is the belly at 28 weeks prego!

3 comments:

  1. I wish I had someone who was compulsively obsessed with cleaning over here at my house... isn't it about time you came for a visit? HAHAHA! I make a joke :) Anyway, your not the only one's excited about your baby. It isn't every day you are an uncle for the first time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete