Thursday, June 17, 2010

My Family....Bigger and Better Than Ever








“WOW!!!! BEAUTIFUL……AND WHITE!!!!” This is the gleeful shriek of a three-year-old that broke the silence of the Portland Temple on Saturday morning. It was my new little sister’s shriek of approval as she entered the temple with her brother Ira and sister Amber to be sealed to my Mom and Dad in the temple for time and all eternity.
We all chuckled, “the kids are here,” said the kindly looking gentlemen who would be conducting the ceremony with a smile. My heart filled with joy as I watched the little family file in; mommy, daddy, brothers and sisters. I looked into the bright faces of the three once pseudo-orphaned children as they looked in awe about their surroundings. I felt a particular flutter as I watched them squeeze the hands of their parents with little smiles on their faces and you could tell that they knew they are finally a full family and that they were home.

Amber: 9 years old

Ira: 5 years old

Kaylee: 3 years old









Note to self: Temple=most likely inappropriate time for funny face making.
still hilarious though:)

conspicuously missing one family member....guess who.
Welcome to the family Amber, Ira and Kaylee! We’re so glad to have you as an eternal part of our lives.


Say hello to my little friend (baby bump)

2 comments:

  1. Those are some beautiful and amazing pictures. Really wish I could have been there! Our family is so big now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We missed you there definitely! I'm thinking of making a little photo memory book for mom and dad of the pics I took from the day.

    ReplyDelete