Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Red, White and Blue all Over




Sometimes the greatest times in life can be the simplest. We had lots and lots of options for this 4th of July Celebration. We had friends going to a carnival, then a parade and finally fireworks. Still others were planning on going to a firework show at the park, and some others were having a BBQ. We considered going with them but decided against it as I can’t ride any of the carnival rides and sitting outdoors for 6-8 hours sounded like torture (I know, lately I’m the worst party killer ever) I don’t know if anyone else experiences this during pregnancy but my tailbone KILLS! It feels like bone on bone grating when I walk or sit in the same position for too long. So watching everyone else play on the carnival rides and then sitting at a parade followed by fireworks sounded like the worst idea ever.

So instead of a wild and crazy night of partying we had our own fun night. We watched “The Sandlot” ate a hobo tinfoil dinner got some ice cream and then headed up to the avenues to watch all the firework shows in the valley light off. It really was cool because we got to see all the shows; the great ones and the not so great ones.  So we could tune out the not so great ones and just enjoy the great ones. 

There’s something about those simple moments, eating ice cream, watching fireworks with husband and pup that are beautiful and the truly unforgettable moments. I could tell baby was enjoying the fireworks by her little jumps in my belly each time one lit off.

I’m glad to be an American, glad to have a day to celebrate my independence. And glad my little girl has the opportunity to be born here in this country.  Flawed it may be, but it’s my home and I really do love it.

2 comments:

  1. I totally hear you on the tailbone! Sometimes I sit down and it hurts so bad I cant move to make it stop hurting! I hear a chiropractor can help! I think it hurts, but it's not as bad as the tailbone... so I'm going!

    Hope it gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know there was anything that I could do. I will have to try that! I could handle a little pain if it made it so I could walk.

    ReplyDelete