Monday, August 2, 2010

Dear Baby


My Dearest Baby,


How lucky I am to be your mommy.  You amaze me, every move you make within my belly confirms to me that you are growing in the way you should.  We wait with great anticipation for the day you come into the world. We have prepared a place for you in our home and in our hearts.  I am preparing myself to be your mommy, I am learning how to feed you and comfort you so that you will feel safe and secure in your new home.


I hope that our diligence in helping you feel safe and secure in your infancy creates a lasting impression on you.  May you always feel safe to run to my arms, no matter how big you may be.  May we grow nearer to each other as the years wear on and not farther apart.


May you grow to be healthy and happy and may you remember your childhood with fondness.  I wish for you to accomplish all that you dream and we promise to do all that we can help you achieve your dreams.


I promise sweet baby to talk to you in a way that you will listen and to listen to you in such a way that you will talk.  I promise to love you no matter what you do.


Believe in the power of prayer my sweet baby, believe in the power of love.  Believe in the power of my love for you.  I love you, we’ll meet soon.


With all the Love in my Heart,
Your Mommy

3 comments:

  1. click on the photo to enlarge it and read the letter there too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe, this is so sweet! It almost made me cry! I'm sure that baby is going to feel like the most loved and cared for baby on this earth!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got a little teary writing it. My birthing class suggested talking to your baby for "prenatal bonding"..... I do say things here and there to my tummy/baby but it felt funny sitting down to have a conversation with it. Writing this letter felt more honest and natural to me. Maybe someday she'll appreciate reading it too:)

    ReplyDelete