Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Looks that can STOP traffic!

Look at this face
Isn't it neat?

Wouldn't you think I'm the girl, who has everything?


Tekoa gets out for a walk every single day, twice a day.  Every time we go out you can bet that there will be at least 2-3 people that compliment us on how awesome or cute or striking our dog is.  Some want to pet him, others mention it as they stick to the far side of the sidewalk.  We're used to him getting compliments.

Yesterday's compliment took the cake though.  Tekoa and I got into the car to make a trip over to UPS to ship some textbooks.  It was a nice day so I decided to roll the windows down and let him sniff out the window. We pulled up to a stop light and suddenly I hear someone yelling out, "excuse me! excuse me!"  I look over to see a man stopped directly next to us in his car (he stopped a full 3 car lengths short of where he should have stopped so that he could be even with us) with his windows rolled down leaning out to yell at me.  "Oh great." I thought in my vanity.  Continuing on in the same line of thought, "I don't want your number....can't you see I'm married AND pregnant?"  As I was debating over whether or not to ignore him the next thing he said made up my mind, "how old is your dog?"  I felt instantly sheepish, silly me!  I'm not the one with the superhuman ability to bring traffic to a stop it's my 15 month old husky!  

The military man in the SUV and I had a nice minute and a half long chat through our windows about my handsome little husky boy before the light changed and traffic moved on.  

Tekoa is a very handsome pup, but what makes him great is his sweet natured personality and hilarious antics.  We call him our "woo-woo" because of the woo-woo sound he frequently makes to "talk" to us. 

Here is a typical saturday morning at the Hart's house.  Tekoa jumps up on the bed for a few scratches and to beg for his morning walk.




Or how about this..... Kevin and Tekoa in training for football season.  Notice how Tekoa only jumps up on "hike!"




There's more to this face than just it's dashing good looks.  Underneath that handsome exterior is the sweetest most loveable little pup there ever was.  And that's the truth!

No comments:

Post a Comment