Sunday, January 26, 2014

Bedtime

I have a lot of back blogging to do but I don't want miss the present while trying to catch up. Here's a snapshot of life as it is right now. 

Bedtime last night-

Kyky is tucked in bed, Neila is crawling around the floor chewing on toys, I'm reading a story out loud to them. Suddenly kyky interrupts. 

" mommy"
" yes, beansy?"
".... I mad"
Her expression is calm and she's reclining on her pillow with her hands behind her head.
" you are? Why?"
"Yes. I so mad, mad." She sighs dramatically but her expression is still cool as a cucumber.
" ok" 
She then calmly sits up, buries her face in her pillow and screams into it as loud as she can then says
" ahhh, that's much, much better" 

Neila erupts in laughter and then starts making sharp screeching sounds. As if to say, encore!

" oh good! I'm glad you got those big feelings out." I say, trying to keep a straight face. 
" mommy.... Read the story"
Returns to her reclined position


No comments:

Post a Comment