Tuesday, November 1, 2011

HALLOWEEN

I have two things to be grateful for this Halloween.  First it was tons of fun to celebrate this holiday with our little toddler.  She didn't quite understand what was going on but she toddled around and took everything in with great interest.

Second, I love, love, LOVE our new community!  I don't think I've ever lived in a place that felt so unified.  It feels like we're living in a 1950's suburb (or what I imagine it was like back then)  I walk the dog every morning and my neighbors are all out walking, jogging and walking their dogs.  When they pass they always smile and say, "Hi!" There are countless community events some for charity (a 5k to raise money for a family whose son was diagnosed with cancer) or just for fun!  So, we did a lot of Halloween celebrating.  We did a "trunk or treat" with our church and a Halloween village in the community.  On Hallows Eve we turned on some spooky music and danced the night away; the great MJ's "Thriller," Monster Mash, and Ghost Busters.  We took breaks to hand out candy to our very polite and super adorable neighborhood children.

It was SO fun!

Trunk or Treat at the church with cousin Kaydence









Trick or Treat Village













1 comment: