Friday, November 25, 2011

Gratitude

The pilgrims were smart.   Can you imagine the hardships they faced?  How many times do we whine when the waiter brings us lukewarm food.  Or the air conditioning isn't quite icy enough.  Or what about those times we are stuck in traffic.  It really seems silly compared to the battle for life and liberty that the pilgrims faced each and every day.  I am thankful that they set the precedent of gratitude.  We get the opportunity to reflect on our blessings, the things that make our life happier and better.  What a tremendous gift they gave us, the gift of gratitude!

As if right on the holiday cue our little one learned another word (she seems to acquire at least one or two a week these days).  Here she is displaying her skills. (and swelling her mommy's heart up with pride.  My 14 month old knows how to be polite!!! And grateful!)


I have so much to be grateful for.  Our lovely new home that we get to own.

My handsome husky dog that is so gentle and loving to the baby and encourages me to get out rain or shine for some exercise every day.
 My beautiful family.  And my handsome, hardworking husband, who I love with all my heart. 

My healthy, happy little girl.  I am thankful that I get to spend the days with her.  Her bright smile and spunky, feisty attitude light up my life.  I am grateful that I get to be the one to teach and influence her each day. I owe that blessing to my hardworking husband, did I mention I love him? I do! 


I hope that your Thanksgiving was filled with reflections on the things that make your life better.  Cheers to the good things in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment