Sunday, September 16, 2012

Sicky Icky

Written 9/16/2012 another unpublished post 

She hasn't been feeling well lately.  Not that anyone but me could ever tell.  She still runs and jumps and climbs and explores.  But she's cuddles just a little bit longer, complains just a little more often, and falls asleep in funny places.

Sick days are harder.  It means more waking at night.  Chasing around a grumpy toddler with medicine, and caring for runny noses and tired tantrums.  But it also means long afternoon naps cuddled up on the couch together. Reading books and watching movies all snuggled under a blanket.

I was trying to save my reminiscing for her birthday post but I can't help it.  Kylea is almost 2!  I can't believe it!  She's becoming such a beautiful little girl.  I'm exceptionally proud of her.  I know before I can even blink I'll be watching my exceptional little girl go off to college and accomplish exceptional things all on her own.  So I guess that's why I'm soaking in these moments.  They're precious gems in the treasure chest

No comments:

Post a Comment