Thursday, May 17, 2012

Staycation

Kevin had a week off of work while in transition to a new job.  The ocean was calling our names.  We could just see ourselves building sandcastles, dipping our toes in the ocean, collecting sea shells.....  But did you know that last minute plane tickets cost; your right arm, your left leg, your first-born child and all of your worldly possessions?  It's true, they are wildly expensive.

I certainly have a mile-long honey-do list for my love.  He's been very busy with full-time work and full-time school.  Replacing a beach vacation with chores is a tough pill to swallow though.  Instead, we decided to be tourists in our own town.  We like to call it, a staycation!  It has been so fun!  

We've been very busy with all kinds of excursions.  Last night we had a dessert picnic in the park complete with a ball and some bubbles and of course sugary delights....like I said, we've been really enjoying our time together.

Today, we ventured into SLC to visit the Hogle Zoo.  Exhibit number one, monkeys.  Kylea was thrilled. She scratched her sides in true monkey style while "ooo oooo ah ah-ing"
....we left early in the morning and I did my hair in the car.  I see now that it didn't look as good as I thought it did.   *FAIL*



 The animals were all very active today.  We were able to catch the Bengal tiger cooling himself off in the water.  Tigers are simply majestic and it was a treat to be so up close and personal with one.


Multi-tasking. swimming and drinking water 

 The giraffes were very interested in little Kylea..

Quick, staring contest!  you and me.

p.s. we won! Giraffes have got nothing on us.

We saw some gorillas

 And to top off the day we took a [sleepy] Ky-ky on a train ride to see a few of the more of the animals that prefer seclusion.


NO more pictures, mommy!
We have just a couple more days of Staycation left.   I can't wait to see what we get to explore tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. OH Paula, you and I need to get together. I'm in SLC now and dying to get out of the house as often as I can muster. Let me know when your hubby goes back to work and you need a play date :) 702-272-4026

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Erin! I would love that. We are always looking for excuses to get out of the house. I will text you my number and we can set something up!

    ReplyDelete