Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Baby

There are a few posts I wrote but never posted I can't figure out why because they are great. This is one if them. More to come!

32 weeks.....that means we are ONLY 5 weeks away from a full term baby (37 weeks) and 8 weeks away from our due date!!!  The time has flown.  Although this last part is always the part that drags on the longest.

It's funny to note the differences between this baby and Kylea.  Kylea was in constant motion.  The doctor would ask me what time of day she kicked most and I honestly couldn't say, she kicked ALL. THE. TIME.  It was the same after she was born.  She wore her infant mittens out and was swaddled for most of the first 3 months of her life (and during naps up until she was 8 months!)  She was just so active!  She was like a tiny tazmanian devil and the swaddle helped tame her flailing limbs enough to keep her happy.

This baby however definitely has a time of day she's most active.  She wakes up in the evening hours and occasionally pokes and nudges me.  They're much gentler than the karate attacks from Kylea.

My belly is riding lower so it looks much more like the traditional baby bump, I like it.  I actually kind of feel cute, other than the times that I try and roll over in bed. Then I feel like a cross between a whale and a cheetah.  The whale describes the feeling of laying there with a watermellon sized tummy when suddenly, oh no my hip hurts I should probably switch sides.  Now comes the cheetah....grunt, thrash,  rearrange pillows, attempt sleep....oh no, I have to get up to pee, rearrange pillows again, attempt sleep, heartburn, grunt, thrash, strain for bottle of Tums next to bed, noisily crunch 2 Tums down, attempt sleep, repeat all through the night.  I do feel bad for Kevin, but he really doesn't seem to notice and I secretly feel like this is my vengeance for his snoring....shhhhh!  I mean, what? he doesn't snore! (....yes he does)

You get the idea.  It's not pretty.

It's just amazing how I feel like I can sense her personality already.  I'm getting very excited to meet this little one.  What does she look like?  What is her personality?  What unique qualities will she bring to our family?

We'll know soon enough!  The clock is ticking 8,7,6...


No comments:

Post a Comment