Thursday, April 5, 2012

Remembering

Remember when.......
You were just the cute guy in the pink shirt (which you were pulling off) and I wondered, "He's cute, how come I've never seen him before!"

Remember when....
We started hanging out and I thought you were the funniest person I had ever met.

Remember when...
I would come to ward prayer and secretly hope you were there so  could see you again.

Remember when....
You FINALLY asked me on a date, we chatted easily all night long.  Then you fell asleep on my floor while watching "The Sandlot"

Remember when.....
You said, "I love you."  the first time.  My heart said, "I love you too!"  but my mind raced and panicked. I called one of my good friends and said, "what do I do?"  she just said, "You dork!  If you love him, you say it back!"  Thank heavens for good friends.

Remember when....
You decorated my room with flower petals and candles and proposed, down on one knee.  You had a bouquet of my favorite flowers in one hand and a ring in the other.  I cried and said YES!

Remember when....
I had to squeeze your hand at the, "I do" part of the wedding because we were too busy staring into each other's eyes.

Remember when....
We lived in a 400 sq foot basement apartment and we spent most nights beating every level of Mario Kart on the wii.

Remember when...
We moved to a bigger apartment. We slept on the floor by the fire the first night because we didn't have any furniture and we felt like we were about to live in a mansion!

Remember when....
We spent most nights doing homework together.

Remember those....
Warm summer evenings we spent playing volleyball, swimming and bbqing.

Remember when...
We started driving home from Colorado with an 8 week old husky, who was howling in distress, and we both said, "what have we gotten ourselves into!"

Remember when....
Said puppy graduated puppy school and we felt so proud that we had changed our wild pup into an  obedient member of the family.

Remember when....
We spent every evening walking, jogging and sometimes skating around Liberty Park with Little T.

Remember when....
After hours of labor we saw the face of our first child....when we became a family.



I loved you so much then, I loved you like I had never loved anyone before.  I had no idea how time would change that love.  It's deeper, and more meaningful.  You have become an important part of me. I can't imagine life without you.

You are my best friend. You are the best husband.  You are the best father.  I love you so much!  Happy 5 year anniversary! I look forward to many more!

No comments:

Post a Comment