Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Resolutions 2012

This is going to be a great year.  I can feel it!  Last year I resolved to slow down and enjoy all the little moments just a little bit more.  I'm so glad that I did!  It was the first year of my little girl's life and it was very helpful to be reminded in those sleep deprived, discouraged days that these moments though frustrating and difficult are gems in the story of our life as a family.  I'm glad I took moments to drink in the peace of those midnight nursing sessions, to kiss the tiny toes of my little girl during diaper changes etc.  I'm glad, because those moments are gone.  Replaced by a much bigger girl.

That curious, active little girl has brought a new energy into my year.  My Resolutions list is at least 100 feet long.  I have SO much that I want to accomplish this year.  I have narrowed it down to just a couple global goals with smaller goals that will help me accomplish them.

  •  I want to be more organized
    • set better schedules with Kylea that include learning and socialization activities.  I think I did ok at this last year, as Kylea is smart as a whip and ahead of the intellectual curve for her age. (not sure if credit is really due to me but I'm takin' it anyway!) But I want to do better.
    • set house keeping schedules so that chores and dinners don't get the best of me. (I think Kevin might have a nervous breakdown if he has to eat pancakes again.)
    • Plan ahead for holidays.  Time to start setting traditions and celebrating!
  • I want to be more spiritually connected
    • Put more effort into my church calling.  Not that I don't try. It just gets shoved to the back burner more often than not.
    • Make visit teaching a priority
    • Make DAILY scripture reading (feasting) and prayer a priority.
    • Search for opportunities to serve others.
  • I want to recover my athletic abilities.
    • run a race this year. How about this one, it seems fun!
    • train for race by running at least 3 times a week
    • strengthen core.
    • eat more organically
I have at least a million more items that I am going to try to work on but these are the creme de la creme.  These are the ones I want to keep pursuing past January 15th. 

Here's to a bright new year filled with hope and endless opportunities.



No comments:

Post a Comment