Sunday, September 25, 2011

Nostalgia



Just this once, I held her.  I drank in every sighing breath.  I remembered a year ago how ragged those first breaths were.  How I worried as you slept and your tiny chest rose and fell with each labored breath you took.  I note now how easily they now come.  I traced the outline of your nose and kissed your sweet chubby little cheeks. I brushed her strawberry blond hair from your forehead.  As I do, I remember the copious amounts of dark and downy infant hair that once was yours. Time has changed you.  This fact makes me aware of how important these fleeting moments are. They are treasures.

One year ago, we did this very same thing.  You slept, and I held you, filled with wonder that you were actually mine.  Now you sleep, and I hold you, and I am filled with gratitude that you are mine.  Every corner of my soul is grateful that the Lord has blessed our home with you.  We have watched you change and grow and explore.  We have learned about your personality and felt your vibrancy.  We have basked in your radiance for one whole year.

I just can’t wait to see what you accomplish.  Happy Birthday Kylea Grace!


No comments:

Post a Comment