Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Twas the night before Christmas


(the beeper says pizza is ready)

We spent this Christmas just the two of us, well three including the pup and how can we leave him out, he's family. Ok, we spent Christmas just the three of us. It was a fun and relaxing time, it's been fun blending our families traditions to create our own hybrid Christmas tradition that we can follow and enjoy for the rest of our years together. On the night before Christmas Kevin's family always made a homemade pizza. Due to our small family size and my overall cooking laziness this sounded like a fantastic option over the more traditional ham feast that I always had growing up.

Christmas morning came and we woke up bright and early to see what Santa had brought. We agreed that next year we will read the story of Christ's birth like I did when I was a kid. It's a good way to remember what the season is truly all about. We opened our presents.

Tekoa wondered, "Does Santa visit dogs too?"


It looks like he sure does. We recieved many wonderful presents from family and from each other.









After all the gift giving it was time to feed our growling stomachs. Kevin made tea roll which he traditionally ate Chrismas morning. I have to say I had never heard of tearoll before but I'm sure glad that I have now. It's delicious!




After tearoll came playing with toys and naps.





then off to the great and freezing outdoors to walk the dog. We bundle up. Let Tekoa run off his oodles of husky energy.




At the close of the year I'm left to contemplate the past year. I can honestly say I'm grateful for the birth of my Savior, for the opportunity to celebrate and for all my blessings especially my family. All that's left to say is Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment